Monday, August 24, 2015

Another warrior has left this planet

http://www.stripes.com/emma-didlake-believed-to-be-the-nation-s-oldest-veteran-dies-at-age-110-1.363273


For the last sever years I have been on a journey. Some might say my quest is grandiose, others ask why I haven't been able to complete this project.
I lost my way and I admit I stop working on my book because I sometimes find it hard to focus. I think I'm back on track now.
This Stars and Strips story about the death of a black World War II WAC who was believed to be one of the oldest WWII veterans has been a wakeup call. My subjects are dying and if I want to tell their stories I have to get serious about finishing this book.
I need help. If you know of anyone African American men or women who served during WWII. let me know.



No comments:

Post a Comment